An insurance appraiser determines whether a company or agency is required to pay for a claim by assessing current policies and factual evidence. They typically serve as field representatives and report to onsite locations to assess vehicle damage or property damage, evaluate real estate, determine the practicality of repair, communicate with automobile repair shop workers about repair cost if needed, establish salvage value, collaborate with claims adjusters, and confirm testimonies. Other work activities include interviewing claimants, consulting experts, and preparing documents for examiners to review throughout the claims process. Insurance appraisers typically work full-time and may represent insurance carriers in agencies or brokerages, or work on behalf of policyholders to negotiate insurance claim settlements as an independent consultant.
Personality types of a Insurance Appraiser
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Insurance Appraiser
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Dependable. Able to be relied upon.
- Cautious. Careful and deliberate in action.
Motivators for a Insurance Appraiser
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them opportunities to showcase leadership skills and teach skills to those new to the industry.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, allow them to seek additional training and skills to further insurance industry knowledge.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide systems and structure to accurately appraise claims.
Hiring an Insurance Appraiser?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions