Insurance agents serve as liaisons between customers and the insurance coverage they need. They are responsible for overseeing a portfolio of clients and reaching out to existing, potential, and new clients to attain crucial information that allows them to match each individual’s unique circumstances with suitable policy options. Agents’ successful sales rely on their ability to maintain accurate personal information; identify, differentiate, and negotiate various insurance plans; and remain current on policy and life changes. Insurance agents also assist clients in settling claims through their policies. Whether independently or on behalf of large insurance companies, they typically work full-time on commission-based salaries — a structure requires a high degree of autonomy in both day-to-day job responsibilities and income.
Personality types of a Insurance Agent
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Insurance Agent
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Decisive. Quickly deciding on a specific action.
- Interactive. Engaging and expressive.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Flexible. Open to different ways of trying things.
Motivators for a Insurance Agent
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, reward them for achieving sales goals and discuss how each task relates to the bottom line.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, let them close sales in their own way.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, allow them to take charge of sales calls and lead team meetings when appropriate.
Hiring an Insurance Agent?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions