An insurance account manager acts as a customer service representative at insurance companies. With a focus on the customer service side of the insurance sales cycle, they manage and nurture customer relationships, and lead all client communications. Their responsibilities include responding to customer inquiries, explaining coverage and premiums, informing clients on any policy or billing changes, and facilitating the claims process between clients and the adjuster. Account managers work closely with the rest of the team to enable ongoing and future sales or renewals. An insurance account manager may focus on either personal lines or commercial lines of insurance, and typically work full-time at an insurance agency.
Personality types of a Insurance Account Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Insurance Account Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Social/Outgoing. Extroverted and people oriented.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Organized. Structured and methodical.
Motivators for a Insurance Account Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, allow for plenty of time to get to know customers so they can provide the best service possible.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide clear structure and allow them to create their own guidelines as needed.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, assign projects that allow them to learn more about the insurance industry and develop their skills.
Hiring an Insurance Account Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions