Construction workers perform manual tasks that are part of building, installation, demolition, and other construction projects. Although their daily responsibilities vary based on the project, tasks may include preparing construction sites, loading and unloading equipment or materials, removing debris, installing fixtures, assembling and disassembling temporary structures at the job site, handling hazardous materials, and assisting contractors and heavy machinery operators. They must follow all health and safety regulations to ensure projects are completed successfully. Construction workers typically work contract jobs and flexible hours.
Personality types of a Construction Worker
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Construction Worker
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Assertive. Comfortable inserting opinion or thoughts.
- Deliberate. Careful in decisions and actions.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Dependable. Able to be relied upon.
- Dynamic. Active agents of change.
- Systematic. Creates/follows structured processes.
- Independent. Free to explore and experiment.
Motivators for a Construction Worker
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, assign tasks that directly help the team finish the project.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide plenty of structure onsite.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, give opportunities for them to gain more knowledge about construction and learn new techniques.
Hiring a Construction Worker?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions