Construction surveyors measure, inspect, update, and document property boundaries using specialized surveying instruments, GPS (global positioning systems), and GIS (geographic information systems) technologies. They survey the site to gather information, provide precise measurements, and create digital maps and detailed reports. A construction surveyor advises clients, architects, and construction managers of any on-site conditions they should be aware of and performs layout work. Construction surveyors often work with construction companies or real estate development firms and split their time between construction sites and an office environment.
Personality types of a Construction Surveyor
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Construction Surveyor
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Deliberate. Careful in decisions and actions.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Nonchalant. Cool and unexcitable.
- Disciplined. Controlled and orderly.
Motivators for a Construction Surveyor
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Aesthetic: A drive for harmony, balance, and peace. To tend to the aesthetic drive, assign projects that utilize their ability to keep things properly organized and balanced.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, allow flexibility in the completion of their assigned tasks.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, create specific systems and guidelines for them to follow.
Hiring a Construction Surveyor?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions