A construction project manager oversees the entire building process for assigned projects from start to finish. They collaborate with clients, architects, engineers, upper management, and other project team members to determine deliverables and goals, produce a budget that aligns with the client’s expectations, organize and schedule construction, obtain permits, and negotiate vendor contracts to begin the build. Once the project is underway, they manage all general contractors and set expectations by enforcing site safety regulations and regular equipment maintenance. Construction project managers typically work off-site at a construction company office with occasional on-site visits.
Personality types of a Construction Project Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Construction Project Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Poised. Composed and self-assured.
- Proactive. Driven towards action, not reaction.
- Organized. Structured and methodical.
Motivators for a Construction Project Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, let them decide how they can manage their projects and provide the flexibility to enable their success.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, assign them leadership opportunities that allow them to showcase their abilities.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, give them opportunities to enhance their skills and expertise.
Hiring a Construction Project Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions