A construction building inspector ensures general public safety requirements are met by determining the structural quality of commercial buildings and residential construction projects. Before the build, they review building plans to assess adherence to contract specifications, zoning regulations, and building codes; and they measure the elevation and alignment of structures on worksites by conducting land surveys. They perform thorough building inspections for structural soundness on worksites and follow all phases of the project to be sure construction activities and methods conform to current safety standards, ordinances, and regulations. They typically work on-site when conducting inspections and in an office setting when writing reports. Construction building inspectors generally work for construction companies or for city or municipality entities.
Personality types of a Construction Building Inspector
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Construction Building Inspector
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Deliberate. Careful in decisions and actions.
- Prudent. Judicious and discreet.
- Relaxed. Unrushed and calm under pressure.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Construction Building Inspector
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, provide opportunities to assert control and take lead on projects.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, set clear guidelines for them and others to abide by.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, assist them in acquiring new skills and educating themselves on best practices as they advance their career.
Hiring a Construction Building Inspector?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions