Commercial insurance agents sell multiple types of insurance and commercial lines to businesses. They handle high-stakes, high-cost insurance policies on behalf of companies rather than individuals and serve as intermediaries between customers and insurance companies. They oversee a portfolio of clients and help them purchase various insurance products for their company. They typically work full-time on commission-based salaries for insurance agencies or work as an independent broker where they represent one or more insurance companies.
Personality types of a Commercial Insurance Agent
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Commercial Insurance Agent
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Competitive. Having a strong desire to win.
- Persuasive. Able to convince others.
- Active. Movement/Action oriented.
- Adaptive. Not rigid, able to adjust.
Motivators for a Commercial Insurance Agent
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, provide incentive-based rewards for achieving sales goals.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, let them negotiate deals in their own way.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them leadership opportunities that allow them to showcase their skills and abilities.
Hiring a Commercial Insurance Agent?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions