A certified dental assistant is a licensed professional who provides oral health care services and clinical support at dentists’ offices. They welcome patients and establish a rapport to make them comfortable and record detailed medical and dental histories, measure vital signs, and take x-rays. For procedures and examinations, dental assistants prepare treatment rooms, apply any required topical anesthetic, and assist dentists and dental hygienists by handing off the necessary dental instruments and dental supplies. After an appointment is complete, they update patient records and sterilize all equipment and instruments while adhering to all dental office infection control policies and safety regulations. Dental assistants will also provide post-operative instruction, schedule follow-up appointments, and answer patient questions about oral hygiene. They typically work in a clinical environment at a dental practice, at public health departments, or in schools specializing in dental care.
Personality types of a Certified Dental Assistant
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Certified Dental Assistant
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Consistent. Reliable and predictable.
- Cautious. Careful and deliberate in action.
Motivators for a Certified Dental Assistant
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, let them work directly with patients to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide structure and systems within their job duties to follow precisely.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide opportunities to expand on professional development in their role.
Hiring a Certified Dental Assistant?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions