A CDL delivery driver is responsible for driving a delivery truck, picking up new products, following predetermined delivery routes, and delivering those products in a safe and timely manner to the proper place. In addition to loading and unloading merchandise, a CDL delivery driver may engage with customers, collect payments, and prepare delivery reports. A commercial driver's license is required for the CDL delivery driver position. The commercial driver's license allows a person to operate commercial motor vehicles (CMV's) such as tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, dump trucks, large cargo trucks, and passenger buses.
Personality types of a CDL Delivery Driver
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a CDL Delivery Driver
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Personable. Easy to get along with.
- Dependable. Able to be relied upon.
- Organized. Structured and methodical.
Motivators for a CDL Delivery Driver
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, create opportunities for them to interact with the public in a positive manner.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, give them clear structure and guidelines to follow but allow the opportunity for them to optimize existing procedures.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide the opportunity to develop and improve on their existing skills.
Hiring a CDL Delivery Driver?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions