A CAD designer uses computer software to create detailed and precise construction plans. They attend meetings with clients to understand project specifications, collaborate with the team to allocate resources, create a timeline, and draft 2D and 3D construction plans using design software, such as AutoCAD. Additional responsibilities include researching and choosing the best material properties for modeling, stress-testing models to evaluate the structure’s resiliency, communicating progress on the project with project managers and clients, and revising designs as necessary based on client feedback. CAD designers who specialize in the construction industry generally work with developers, construction companies, or architectural firms.
Personality types of a CAD Designer
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a CAD Designer
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Calm. Restrained and controlled.
- Supportive. Uplifting of others.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a CAD Designer
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Aesthetic: A drive for harmony, balance, and peace. To tend to the aesthetic drive, assign tasks that utilize their creativity and keen ability to put things into order.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, provide flexible work hours and let them create designs in their own way.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, explain the details of the project, allowing them to learn something new with each design, and give them opportunities to grow professionally.
Hiring a CAD Designer?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions