A banquet server is responsible for providing excellent customer service while serving food and drinks to guests for special events. They are in charge of greeting guests, serving meals, clearing plates and silverware, and helping with any special requests or needs a guest may have. A banquet server must be able to communicate with guests in a friendly and courteous way. They need excellent teamwork to work alongside other servers and event staff to ensure guest satisfaction. Employers typically seek candidates with prior experience in food service or hospitality.
Personality types of a Banquet Server
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Banquet Server
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Social/Outgoing. Extroverted and people oriented.
- Structured. Organized and systematic.
- Easy-going. Informal, not tense or strict.
Motivators for a Banquet Server
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Aesthetic: A drive for harmony, balance, and peace. To tend to the aesthetic drive, give them tasks that will utilize their exceptional organizational skills to help the team make processes more efficient.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, provide different ways for them to collaborate with colleagues on projects that benefit the team.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, set clear expectations and guidelines for them to follow.
Hiring a Banquet Server?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions