Automotive technicians diagnose and solve vehicle issues using various equipment, from computerized diagnostic equipment to hand tools. They conduct routine maintenance on certain auto parts and components, but most of their work focuses on servicing automobiles' software, electronic, or computer systems. Automotive technicians will help with the full process of the inspecting, maintaining, and repairing of vehicles. They work on traditional motors and transmissions and have a comprehensive understanding of computer and electronic systems like those that control braking systems, automotive steering, accident-avoidance sensors, and more. They may also work on cars and trucks that rely on alternative fuels and electricity. The automotive technician's work environment includes car dealerships, service departments, repair shops, or autobody centers.
Personality types of a Automotive Technician
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Automotive Technician
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Deliberate. Careful in decisions and actions.
- Calm. Restrained and controlled.
- Stable. Steady and secure.
- Disciplined. Controlled and orderly.
Motivators for a Automotive Technician
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, help them understand the contribution they make to the team and the value they bring to customers.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, have a clear set of rules in place for them to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, give them plenty of opportunities to learn about the subject and enhance their skills.
Hiring an Automotive Technician?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions