Automotive parts manager employees are crucial to successful service departments. Responsibilities include inventory management, parts operations, and ordering. They are also required to track retail budgets ensuring profit, and manage employees of the automotive parts department. They must ensure that replacement parts inventory is maintained at an appropriate level to increase service department efficiency and customer satisfaction. Many also serve as sales representatives for auto parts, requiring strong customer service skills. They typically work at dealership automotive service centers, auto parts stores, and vehicle manufacturer repair or body shops.
Personality types of a Automotive Parts Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Automotive Parts Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Assertive. Comfortable inserting opinion or thoughts.
- Optimistic. Views the positive in matters.
- Dynamic. Active agents of change.
- Cautious. Careful and deliberate in action.
Motivators for a Automotive Parts Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, let them decide how to manage their projects and provide them with the flexibility to enable success.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give plenty of opportunities for them to lead other team members and take ownership of meetings.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, put in place a clear set of rules for them and others to follow.
Hiring an Automotive Parts Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 60+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions