An automotive general sales manager oversees sales personnel, interacts with customers, and monitors financials and budgets within an automotive dealership’s sales department. They must create and implement plans that successfully maintain key performance indicators related to customer retention, profitability, and more. Whether for used or new car sales departments, auto sales managers must balance positive profit margins and customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills and sales management experience, along with strong ethical standards, are needed. They typically work full-time for an auto group or dealership and are compensated with a combination of base salary and vehicle sales commission.
Personality types of a Automotive General Sales Manager
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Automotive General Sales Manager
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Decisive. Quickly deciding on a specific action.
- Inspiring. Creates optimism in others.
- Adventurous. Willing to try new things, take risks.
- Adaptive. Not rigid, able to adjust.
Motivators for a Automotive General Sales Manager
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Economic: A utilitarian drive for results and maximal returns. To tend to the economic drive, reward them for exceeding sales goals and explain how each tasks contributes to the bottom line.
- Individualistic: A drive to be independent, unique and free. To tend to the individualistic drive, provide the freedom for them to set their own processes.
- Political: A drive for authority, to take command. To tend to the political drive, give them the authority to assert their leadership and guide others.
Hiring an Automotive General Sales Manager?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions