Appliance repair technicians diagnose the source of problems or malfunctions with household appliances and repairs them. They use hand and power tools to troubleshoot, disassemble, fix, and install a variety of home appliances, including dishwashers, ovens, washing machines, and more. Additionally, they keep up-to-date with new appliances, technologies, and installation methods. They are technical problem-solvers, familiar with reading appliance manuals to solve complex problems, and possess excellent customer service and communication skills to help customers understand what needs to be fixed or maintained, and why. Depending on the job, appliance repair technicians will field service calls at customers' homes and businesses, or work in repair shops. They typically work full-time, with some weekends and early and late shifts to cover emergency repairs.
Personality types of a Appliance Repair Technician
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Appliance Repair Technician
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Methodical. Orderly and systematic.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Structured. Organized and systematic.
- Accurate. Insisting on quality and correctness.
Motivators for a Appliance Repair Technician
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, make sure they understand the contributions they make to the team and the value they bring to customers.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, provide them with a clear set of procedures and expectations to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, allow them to pursue professional development opportunities to learn more about their field.
Hiring an Appliance Repair Technician?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions