Restoration technicians specialize in assessing, rebuilding, and restoring homes and businesses after man-made and natural disasters. Working environments and responsibilities will vary based on the job site's disaster. They are responsible for identifying what can be restored, salvaged, or repaired, and what needs to be disposed of and replaced. Duties are assigned by the work site's crew chief and may include fire restoration services, mitigation, inspection cleaning, mold remediation, carpet cleaning, water extraction, pack-out debris, and restoring the property. This individual has earned and passed IICRC certification to successfully perform inspection cleaning and restoration services. The restoration technician is part of an emergency response team, will typically work full-time shifts, and drive to their job sites.
Personality types of a Restoration Technician
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Restoration Technician
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Careful. Cautious and concerned with accuracy.
- Attentive. Caring for details and demands.
- Consistent. Reliable and predictable.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Restoration Technician
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, help them understand the contribution they make to the team and the value they bring to customers.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, have a clear set of rules and procedures in place for them to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, give them plenty of opportunities to learn about the subject and enhance their skills.
Hiring a Restoration Technician?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions