A registered dental assistant is a licensed professional who assists with general oral healthcare procedures and support in a dental office. A registered dental assistant is able to perform all of the duties of a certified dental assistant including preparing exam rooms, assisting dentists and hygienists during procedures and examinations, educating patients on oral health, providing patients with aftercare instructions, and scheduling appointments. They’re also able to perform expanded duties including taking x-rays and applying topical anesthesia. Registered dental assistants typically work in a clinical environment at a dental practice, a public health department, or in schools specializing in dental care.
Personality types of a Registered Dental Assistant
Each letter of DISC represents polar personality types with correlating behaviors and characteristics. Learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, how they communicate, and more.
Behavioral Qualities for a Registered Dental Assistant
Behavioral qualities make people naturally act in a certain way. Utilize people’s natural behaviors and strengths at work.
- Cooperative. Willing to collaborate.
- Calm. Restrained and controlled.
- Dependable. Able to be relied upon.
- Detail oriented. Attentive to all levels of detail.
Motivators for a Registered Dental Assistant
Motivators are values that drive people. To retain passionate employees, place people in a role that utilizes their values.
- Altruistic: A caring drive to benefit and support others. To tend to the altruistic drive, create opportunities for them to work directly with patients.
- Regulatory: A drive to maintain order and the status quo. To tend to the regulatory drive, allow them to develop systems and procedures for the staff to follow.
- Theoretical: A drive to learn and gain new knowledge. To tend to the theoretical drive, provide scenarios where they can develop and grow personally and professionally.
Hiring a Registered Dental Assistant?
Start with Wizehire today and post your job to 100+ Job boards now!
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions