Miller, Dawson, Sigal & Ward (The Thumbs Up Guys)
We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced workers' compensation paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You'll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for hearing preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Organize our case filing systems to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate, and other administrative duties as needed
- Draft legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits under the guidance of a lawyer
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- 3+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
$50,000 - $65,000 yearly
About Miller, Dawson, Sigal & Ward (The Thumbs Up Guys)
We are a growing Charleston Personal Injury Law Firm with a fast-paced, team environment working with injured clients and their legal concerns. We prioritize culture and fit over experience. We are happy to train anyone with a desire to learn and grow. If you have a competitive spirit, love working in a team environment, and believe in fighting for the little guy then we invite you to apply today!