Women's Care Nurse Practitioner
Full time, competitive salary, full benefits and bonuses based on production!
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing comprehensive health care in collaborative joint practice with a physician to patients and/or family members; promotes wellness, prevention of health problems, and maintenance of current health; assists with care of patients with chronic and acute illness. Must be comfortable or knowledgeable of women’s life cycle and caring during all stages of life.
- Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner educational program.
- Certification from American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- North Carolina Nurse Practitioner license required.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Service oriented
- High energy level
- Strong interpersonal skills; tactful
- Ability to relate sensitively to patients’ needs
- Maintains confidentiality
- Uses discretion and sound judgement
- Ability to establish credibility with physicians, staff, and patients
- Professional maturity; works well with minimal oversight
- Highly organized; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Routine Nurse Practitioner Duties
- Acts as a role model by delivering and evaluating the direct care of patients and families.
- Collaborates with other health professionals to ensure continuity of patient care for patients.
- Participates as a member of multidisciplinary team in assessing, planning implementing and evaluating the health care of patients.
- Acts as a liaison between hospital personnel, patients and families
- Serves as a role model to fellow employees by projecting an exceptional positive attitude.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with students, staff, supervisors; consistent in response and follows through with actions indicated.
- Writes routine admission orders and arrange appropriate laboratory and x-ray studies and consultations.
- Changes dressings and remove sutures.
- Gives post-operative instructions to patients.
- Debrides wounds under direction of supervising physician.
- Orders for pain medications, sedatives, laxatives, anti-emetics, anti-convulsants and antibiotics.
- Orders for invasive and non-invasive diagnostic studies such as CBC, urinalysis, electrolytes, SMA-12, blood gases, non-invasive x-rays, brain scan, EEG’s, and electromyographic testing.
- Write orders relative to the general care and maintenance of patients.
- Orders are to be carried out which are transmitted through Nurse Practitioner to the nurse by either verbal communication or by written order. These orders will appear on the chart as v.o. supervising physician/Nurse Practitioner and later countersigned.
- Input notes, orders in TouchWorks
- See patients for follow-up and/or post-op in clinic
- Keep credentials updated
- Attend CME courses
- Answer patient calls daily
- Attend educational seminars and or do presentations
- Reviewed by physician every 6 months to make sure there are no issues with performance
- Pelvic Exams and in-office procedures
- Management of employee health clinic
Pre-operative Patient Evaluations:
- Complete histories and physical evaluations on scheduled patients.
- Write orders; obtain necessary laboratory work and x-rays.
- Educate patients and their families to the surgical procedure planned and possible variations.
- Review the risks and possible complications of the procedure.
- Explain the hospital course and planned post-operative recuperation including restrictions.
- Arrange and obtain pre-operative evaluations to include cardiac clearances.
- Schedule admissions and special care of Coumadin patients requiring heparin windows.
- Review pre-operative laboratory data /EKG’s for surgical clearance.
- Confirm operating schedule, availability of blood and summarize appropriate data prior to surgery.
- Assist with regular office evaluations to include new patients, follow up patients, and post-operative patients.
- Order labs and x-rays as appropriate.
- Dictate office notes and letters.
- Write prescription for patients.
- Review labs and x-rays, obtain outside interpretations.
- Present patient case to physician for review.
- Perform minor surgical procedures.
About Pinehurst Surgical
Pinehurst Surgical is a state-of-the-art facility located in Pinehurst, North Carolina with locations in Rockingham, Sanford, Raeford, Laurinburg, Troy and more!