Pathway To Hope
The Wellness Coordinator empowers Clubhouse Members to achieve their personal wellness goals including projects as determined by the Clubhouse Staff and Members. These goals are based on the SAMHSA 8 Dimensions of Wellness and focus on specific areas as determined by individual and group membership.
- Effectively coordinate a wellness program and co-manage a commercial kitchen
- Empower Clubhouse Members to ensure the safe and proper use of wellness equipment in the kitchen and gym
- Empower Clubhouse Members to develop and execute daily menus that are cost-effective, delicious, and nutritious
- Communicate easily with a broad number of individuals with various levels of motivation and abilities
- Empower Members as they participate in the other Clubhouse units, including Business, Education, and Employment
- Be able to drive a company vehicle to provide Members with transportation to and from the Clubhouse throughout the KC Metro
- An understanding of basic nutritional needs and the ability to help others integrate them into the decision-making process
- Ability to practice safe food handling from preparation through clean-up in a commercial kitchen
- Working knowledge of a variety of physical fitness equipment
- An ability to inspire and empower members to engage in a safe and effective fitness program
- A general understanding of mental illness and its impact on overall personal wellness
About Pathway To Hope
When it comes to helping individuals and families facing mental illness, the community makes a difference. Whether it's a support group, educational workshop, individual peer support, housing, or our dynamic day program, you will find someone who understands so you don't have to face mental illness alone. Our dedicated team of staff and volunteers have been serving Johnson County and the Greater Kansas City Area for more than 20 years.