The Warehouse Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the Warehouse, and Transportation groups, including Plant Safety, Operational Efficiency, Fleet Management, Performance Management of the Warehouse and Transportation team, Training, Employee Recruiting, and Retention.
- A hands-on leader that is willing to work shoulder to shoulder with the Warehouse and Transportation teams to ensure customers’ satisfaction is met.
- Plans, implements, and monitors the day-to-day operations of the Warehouse, Transportation departments to ensure that established objectives for shipping, product rotation, sanitation, safety, and timeliness are met.
- Monitors loading, routing, and receiving times and makes appropriate changes, ensuring compliance with OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Set standards of appearance and customer service expectations for
- Drivers and Warehouse personnel.
- Ensure drivers meet DOT regulations.
- Verifies adherence to equipment safety standards.
- Supports drivers in building out effective delivery routing.Ensures the ACE team adheres to company quality standards for a clean and orderly appearance in our delivery equipment.
- Responsible for fleet maintenance including, Overseeing the PM program, breakdown/service calls, and usable life calculations.
- Ensures compliance with established Warehouse productivity expectations and safety policies and procedures.
- Monitors incoming deliveries for product damage and reports purchasing as needed.
- Ability to lead and motivate a diverse workforce in a fast-paced distribution environment.
- Effectively communicates any delays or issues with shipments to sales support and sales personnel.
- Ensures employees are trained in their specific job functions.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Monitor and update warehouse processes as needed (shipping, receiving, put away, stock rotation, sales orders, etc.)
- Communicates regularly with and accepts directions and assignments from management.
- Conduct inventory audits and on-hand counts as requested by Purchasing.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Previous Management experience in a warehouse environment, WMS experience preferred.
- Proven ability to lead multiple teams professionally and effectively.
- Storage and shipment of products and inventory control concepts and techniques.
- Previous Continuous Improvement experience preferred.
- Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service.
- Works efficiently and manages time effectively.
Articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual, and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding. The ability to deliver information in person, in writing, and in a digital world.
Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
Gains insight into customer needs to identify solutions both externally and internally.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.Can identify hidden problems and provide an honest analysis.
We are Flexpak! Our corporate office is located in Woods Cross, Utah. We have additional offices in Ogden, St. George, Nashville, Denver, & Phoenix with more growth to come.
For 20 years Flexpak has been supplying quality custom packaging solutions and products throughout the Utah area! Our Phoenix, AZ division has been in business for over 40 years.
We move fast, make decisions based on what’s best for the customer, and are focused on sales but also invest in the long-term growth of our company and our people. We’re looking for the right people who want to help us to continue to be extraordinary! Are you ready to be that person?