Uptown Blanco Arts and Entertainment
Are you a friendly and courteous professional dedicated to providing guests with an exceptional dining experience? You could be an excellent server at our busy restaurant. We need someone with a positive attitude toward customer service and a warm smile to set the tone for our guests to enjoy their dining experience with us. You will serve our guests by ensuring they are seated promptly, their orders are taken and served on time, and that tables are cleaned and ready for the next guests. Our ideal candidate maintains a cheerful and polite demeanor toward both guests and coworkers. Consider applying today if you are punctual, responsible, and enjoy interacting with others!
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of menu items, ingredients, and daily specials so that you can respond to client questions and provide recommendations
- Restock and clean as instructed, including side work for opening and closing of the restaurant
- Attend all pre-shift and departmental meetings to improve communications and develop an understanding of products, services, and facilities
- Welcome customers upon arrival and promptly seat them, take food and beverage orders from diners, serve meals, and meet any special requirements or requests
- Receive proper payment from the guest and ensure the accuracy of the guest check and method of payment to protect both the customer and the restaurant from transaction errors
- Greets customers as they are seated at the table; ensures the table is clean and that utensils, napkins, and other needs have been provided.
- Distributes menus and presents the daily specials.
- Answers questions regarding the menu.
- Takes food and beverage orders and delivers them to the kitchen.
- Delivers food, beverages, condiments, and other requested items to customers.
- Ensures that food is prepared correctly and to customers’ satisfaction; returns incorrect or improperly cooked orders to kitchen.
- Collects plates and clears the table as customers finish their meals.
- Prepares customers’ checks and collects payments.
- Assists with other restaurant tasks such as cleaning the dining area and preparing silverware and condiments.
- Always maintains alcoholic beverage codes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Displays impeccable time management and organizational skills
- Candidates must have completed high school or received similar certification (GED)
- This role requires a strong emphasis on putting the guest first and providing exceptional customer service
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of methods of food preparation and sanitation regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Well-organized with the ability to take and place food and beverage orders accurately.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale systems.
- Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from groups, managers, patrons, other staff and general public.
Education and Experience:
- Must meet the minimum age requirement as prescribed by law.
- Previous experience as a server preferred.
- Experience with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must successfully complete restaurant’s training course.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Maintain a valid Food Handler’s License
- Maintain a valid Alcoholic Beverage Card (TABC Card)
About Uptown Blanco Arts and Entertainment
Uptown Blanco Arts & Entertainment, Ltd. is always looking for new members to join our team who have a passion for what they do and strive to be exceptional, whether it's in the kitchen or offering hospitality elsewhere. We are a venue that stays busy within normal dining hours but also provides special events. We look forward to expanding our services to the Texas hill country.
Uptown Blanco offers a great work environment, competitive pay, health, dental, and vision benefits, and is an equal opportunity employer.