Carbon Real Estate Investments
We are seeking a Vice President of Investor Relations and Capital Formation. The Position will be a vital member of the team and be responsible for the fulfillment of both internal and external components of the private capital fundraising and investor relations processes. This will include working with the principals in the capital raising efforts and other stakeholders within the firm, prospective investors, consulting firms, and other advisors. The Position will also be responsible for industry research, the oversight of RFPs/DDQs, new fund initiatives, and other internal capital-raising functions.
This Position will be based in Miami or NYC and will be reporting to one of our Principals. This Position will be working closely alongside our Principal in charge of IR and will be expected to travel. In addition, the individual is expected to be involved with covering the company's external client and consultant relationships. This will include working closely with our client's existing investors to ensure a high proportion of additional investment capital is contributed from those clients in subsequent offerings. It will also include collaborating closely with other members of our Investor Relations, Finance & Administrative teams.
This individual will also be expected to work with the firm's Asset Management team to update investors with traditional monthly and quarterly financial and other reports including the firm's own research information. In addition, the individual is expected to be involved in the new offering development process, the procurement of new investors, and the preparation of targeted product offering materials including private placement memoranda and marketing pitch books.
- $120k-$150k base
- $250k OTE
- $50k Accelerator above OTE
- Opportunity with a young and growing firm - lots of ability to grow into a more senior partnership
- Healthcare, dental, and vision benefits
- Ability to market our investment offerings to new investors and consultants that currently do not have a relationship with our firm
- Develop and execute strategic fundraising plans to source new clients through extensive research on and outreach to investors and their consultants' activity in the private equity real estate space (with a focus on the cultivation of new institutional investor relationships)
- Service and interact with existing investors, prospective investors, consultants, and advisors
- Oversee the collection of and responses to information requests from investors and consultants, including regular updates to consultants
- Schedule, attend, and host meetings with prospective investors
- Lead and support new capital-raise initiatives
- Populate and update CRM software with call/meeting updates
- Oversee the production of the Private Placement Memorandum (PPM)
- Develop and produce marketing presentations, with input from other team members
- Complete investor due diligence questionnaires
- Be able to clearly articulate the firm's strategy to prospective investors
- Regulatory compliance - work with Legal and Compliance departments for review of regulatory compliance for materials produced, and understand regulatory compliance issues as it relates to investor marketing
- With offices in NYC and Miami, this position would need to be in the office at one of those two locations 2 out of 5 business days.
- BA/BS degree preferred but not required
- Desired but not required- 7+ years of finance experience
- 3+ years experience in managing an investor relations department
- 5 or more years with private equity, venture capital or hedge fund experience
- A proven track record and demonstrated ability in appropriately influencing the thinking of others to effectively lead and evolve the investor relations function to support advancing future business initiatives, is required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Relationship-building skills in the real estate investment community
- Ability to collaborate with the executive team at a high level
- A fundamental requirement is to currently have working relationships that can be leveraged to introduce our products and services
- Have an eye for detail and organization
- Excellent maturity and judgment, and the ability to operate effectively across myriad organizational boundaries
- A proven, successful track record in developing and managing highly credible relationships
- Able and willing to travel
$250,000 First Year Earnings
About Carbon Real Estate Investments
We’re a private equity real estate firm whose national platform is focused on investing in value-add multifamily real estate assets across the southeast of the US. Our client's principals are in partnership with the highest quality institutional and individual investors. We have a long-term hold strategy and are cash-flow investors. Investors include family offices, RIAs, fund-of-funds, and accredited HNW retail investors.