Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
The Virtual Design Coordinator will serve as the main point of contact for the design and documentation of each new home produced by Tim O’Brien Homes. Day to day tasks will include generating a 3D Building Information Model of a home, using the model to generate an accurate set of construction drawings, and producing supplemental drawings as required. Other assignments will include creation of new base models, ongoing maintenance of existing base models and providing outstanding customer service and support for customers and team members.
- Create accurate models of homes using Autodesk Revit
- Create and revise Revit models while: 1. Supporting sales staff in gaining customer approvals, 2. Producing construction documents and 3. Maintaining our Plan Portfolio
- Customize home plans, options or details based on customer requests
- Maintain master models and standard structural options for all base plans in the portfolio
- Ensure that models and construction documents comply with our standards and specifications
- Produce construction documents meeting local building codes and requirements
- Provide support for design related initiatives as they pertain to the company’s back office systems
- Work to meet documented department goals and deadlines
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed construction drawings, specifications, and basic development drawings
- Ability to effectively coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Time management skills
- Basic technology skills: Microsoft Office Suite
- Specific technology skills: Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) or Building Information Modeling (BIM) software experience; (Autodesk) Revit preferred, Lumion
- Experience with wood frame construction a plus
- College Degree
About Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
Tim O'Brien Homes is an award-winning, semi-custom single-family home builder in the Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin areas. They are leaders in energy efficiency, innovative designs, green building practices, and renewable technologies. All homes are 3rd party tested and certified surpassing the State's energy-efficiency and green strict guidelines, and backed by a 5-Year Energy Guarantee.
Join a team of people who live by seven Core Values which are the guiding principles of our daily work and underscore commitment to customers, vendor partners, and each other. Tim O'Brien Homes is also a partner of Neumann Companies and its affiliates.