The Virtual Design and Construction Coordinator (VDC) will serve as the main point of contact for a new home construction project and coordinate pre-construction activities throughout the entire semi-custom design and estimating process. Day to day tasks will include generating a 3D Building Information Model of a home, using the model to generate a job cost estimate and working with vendors/trade partners to generate purchase orders. Other assignments will include ongoing maintenance of base models and estimates along with providing outstanding customer service and support for customers and team members.
Annual Salary of $37,000 - $55,000 is based on experience.
- Create accurate 3D model and construction document set for each new home project
- Generate accurate estimates, purchase orders, budgets and additional pricing requests
- Coordinate the pre-construction phase of new home projects
- Maintain and enhance master plans, options and cost database
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed construction drawings, specifications, and basic
- Time management skills a must
- Basic technology skills: Microsoft Office Suite; experience with residential home construction back office systems a plus
- Specific technology skills: Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) or Building Information Modeling (BIM) software experience a plus; (Autodesk) Revit preferred
- Experience with wood frame construction and/or job cost estimating a plus
- Prior work experience in a new home building environment is a plus
- College Degree
- Minimal travel required. Employee must have a valid driver’s license with insurance coverage
Commensurate with Experience
About Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
Tim O'Brien Homes is an award winning, semi-custom single family home builder in the Milwaukee and Madison Wisconsin areas and the leader in energy efficiency, innovative designs, green building practices, and renewable technologies. All homes are 3rd party tested and certified surpassing the State's energy-efficiency and green strict guidelines, and backed by a 5-Year Energy Guarantee. Join a team that lives by our seven Core Values which are the guiding principles that inspire our daily work and underscore our commitment to customers, vendor partners and each other.