The VP of Operations will lead MonteVista Homes construction operations and support the company’s values, mission, and vision. They will participate in strategic planning and be an integral member of the executive leadership team and foster the company’s culture. They will lead, manage and drive accountability across all areas of the business embodying the true meaning of leadership, by making the success of the team the most important objective!
- I am accountable to create an annual department budget and to contribute to the annual company budget and to control overhead costs to stay within that budget.
- I am accountable to create annual departmental plans and to achieve the goals established in those plans.
- I will LMA (Lead, Manage, and drive accountability) for all operations personnel and I am accountable for all vendor activity including: internal staffing, Trade Partnering, recruiting, contracting, disputes and negotiations including following the 3 golden rules of trade partner management:
i. Have the job ready.
ii. Treat them with respect.
iii. Pay them on time.
- I am accountable for all product development areas such as: plan library and architectural design, purchasing, budgeting and supply chain, vendor management, compliance, and relationships, and specifications and scope.
- I am accountable for all purchasing and estimating activities including keeping direct costs in line with the company’s annual business plan and growth goals.
- I am accountable to ensure that base house budgets are accurate, that PO releases are perfect and that variance is kept to a minimum.
- I am accountable to identify, create and monitor company metrics and to always pursue leading indicators. I will review these metrics with a disciplined approach and will coach and correct any issues I find.
- I am accountable to oversee warranty and warranty cost management.
- I am accountable for achieving exemplary customer satisfaction ratings.
- I am accountable for the slot schedule and ensuring even flow production.
- I am accountable to ensure the pre-start process is accurate and complete including PO issuance and communication of build specifications are communicated with the field and vendors.
- I am accountable for project scope requirements, evaluate alternatives, and prepare budgets, POs and estimates.
Required: At least (8) years of related work experience including no less than (3) years at a VP Level
Must also possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed including:
- Strong working knowledge of construction practices
- Laws and ordinances regulating building construction and operation
- Project planning and management principles
- Budget preparation, bid and purchasing procedures, and expense control
- Strong organizational leadership skills through real-world experience
- Architecture, mechanical, engineering, and construction management
- Job Cost and Variance Analysis
- Preparing budgets and monitoring cost
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills
- Must understand and be able to LMA the principles of project management
- Must understand legal documents and be able to read and interpret contracts
- Must be a good negotiator
- Must be computer proficient and be able to operate in a paperless environment
About MonteVista Homes
MonteVista Homes is a 2nd generation Award-Winning homebuilder who builds quality, value-packed new homes in Oregon. Our energy-efficient homes are distinguished by innovative designs and solid craftsmanship, and our staff is deeply committed to the satisfaction and delight of our customers. At MonteVista Homes, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be a homeowner—as such, we base our mission around the company credo: “Built with you in mind.”