Ross Mortgage Corporation
Oversees all lending functions of the mortgage operations departments including processing, underwriting, closing, quality assurance and fulfilment. Monitors the productivity and budgetary performance of departmental operations. Manages and directs daily activities. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets. Ensures efficient delivery of products and services to clients and develops and implements policies and procedures. Has extensive knowledge of department processes with full authority for personnel actions. Participates as a member of the executive committee and reports to senior management.
- Organize, coordinate and delegate workload and deadlines for direct reports/departments. Efficiently oversee pipeline management to ensure all loans are moving expediently. Provide direction and oversight of work performed.
- Manage and coordinate activities according to established policies and procedures. Recommend, communicate, and implement department operating policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Develop and implement controls to ensure consistency and accuracy. Monitor internal systems and processes to ensure that all procedures are consistent with the company’s objectives for quality control.
- Evaluate and implement new forms, processes, and procedures to streamline lending operations and improve efficiencies. Supervise staff training and cross training on all aspects of mortgage processing, underwriting and funding.
- Respond to and resolve issues escalated by staff.
- Supervise, coach, mentor, and motivate staff through one on one meetings, performance management, disciplinary action, development and delegation. Assist in establishing department and employee goals and monitor individual and department progress toward goal attainment.
- Conducts monthly one-on-ones with direct reports. Complete and deliver annual Performance Appraisals.
- Monitor pertinent loan reports to measure staff productivity, loan volumes, loan funding’s, and maintain appropriate records to track or audit all loan corrections and /or exceptions.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities. Maintains team members and other sensitive information with confidentiality. Treat team members and customers with respect.
- Remain current and informed of all regulatory compliance changes. Contribute to and update procedures for processes as needed. Supports events and programs designed to enhance the customer experience.
- Prepare yearly certifications for HUD an VA including the update of LEAP to ensure all data is accurate and contact information for branch and executive officers is up to date. Respond to and forward audited financials and other required information as may requested or required by auditors or agencies.
- Requires 5 years’ experience in the area as an individual contributor with 1 to 3 years supervisory experience required.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in Financial Services industry related to mortgage loan operations and mortgage set-up, underwriting, processing, funding, including 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of all mortgage loan products, policies, procedures, underwriting, processing, funding, post-closing and delivery methods. Excellent verbal, interpersonal, listening, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, and strong customer service skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Strong management skills and effective team building and demonstrated ability to empower, coach and mentor diverse work group. Demonstrates ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Tolerance for time pressure deadlines and the ability to manage a large volume of work and multiple priorities with no direct supervision.
$90,000 - $140,000
About Ross Mortgage Corporation
Ross Mortgage Corporation is a successful mortgage banking company with a reputation for professionalism, integrity, and quality service. Headquartered in Troy, Michigan, Ross is one of the top independent lenders in the Midwest and serves its valued customers through a network of offices.
Founded in 1949, Ross Mortgage combines 70 years of mortgage lending experience with state-of-the-art mortgage lending technology. As a full-service mortgage lender, Ross Mortgage Corporation delivers superior service and pricing to our customers since, as a lender, we possess underwriting authority and retain control over the entire transaction.
Ross Mortgage Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.