Rural Mutual Insurance
The ideal candidate will fill a visible, strategic, and high-impact leadership role within the organization. You will have excellent domain knowledge, and skills that leverage the capabilities of peers, business partners and team members. You will reinforce a culture of quality, delivery commitment, progression, passion, inclusion and dedication within the team. As such, this leader must bring control, trust, accountability, transparency, and urgency in the execution of his/her responsibilities.
Additionally, this individual will have a passion for leading, hiring, mentoring, and building a high level of competency within our technical disciplines while also forging valuable relationships across the organization.
Reporting to the CEO, this individual is a member of the Executive Team and is responsible for developing and deploying an overall IT strategy for the company.
- Policy and Claims Administration System availability, maintenance, and development
- Peripheral System availability, maintenance, and development
- Network Infrastructure availability and maintenance
- Cybersecurity protection of all systems and corporate data
- Phone systems availability and maintenance
- Intranet availability and maintenance
- IT vendor relationships
- Business Continuity planning, testing and coordination
- Records Retention administration
- Technology Project Management
- Annual activities: Budget planning; Equipment purchase planning; hardware and storage capacity planning; resource/staff review
- Monthly activities: Budget review; System availability review; review project/activity spend rates; Review overall metrics that the department is measured on
- Weekly activities: Project management; updates to Executive team; meet with and coordinate with direct reports
- Meet with (phone calls) existing primary vendors; review new requests for IS Services and respond as needed
- Daily Activities: General management of technical projects/activities. Meeting with stakeholders on application projects. Review opportunities for enhancement of our existing facilities and/or capabilities
- Other duties as assigned
Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the Application Services, Infrastructure Services and Operations areas. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises two non-supervisory employees: Technology Architect, and Information Systems Assistant. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, risk management & insurance, business administration or related degree or equivalent work experience
- Senior level information systems management experience at a property & casualty insurance company desirable
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Superior leadership skills and the ability to coach, mentor and motivate staff
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to build consensus, rally support around common goals and to motivate groups and individuals
- Ability to process and comprehend large amounts of detailed information, consider the implications and consequences of new facts, and make decisions
- Management experience with responsibility for large-scale initiatives involving significant dollar amounts and implications, a large staff, and many diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of the relationship between Rural Mutual Insurance Company and the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation helpful
About Rural Mutual Insurance
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for the 12th consecutive year and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”.
This is the kind of company you want to work for doing the kind of job you love to do…protecting people and property.
Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services and provides a competitive compensation package for our employees.