ANGARAI’s Construction Inspector will perform inspections and ensure compliance with construction plans and specifications for facilities, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, roofing, and structural components. Maintain a relationship with design engineers, provide schedule reviews, and update milestones, while also addressing contractor's Requests for Information (RFIs) as a Construction Project Engineer or inspector.
The roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct inspections of facilities, new construction, renovation, and maintenance projects, covering aspects such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, roofing, and structural elements.
- Interpret engineering and architectural drawings as well as contract specifications to ensure contractors adhere to the planned work.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with design engineers, serving as a resource for addressing contractor's Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Perform monthly reviews of contractor schedules, providing regular updates on schedules and milestones to the managing District.
- Assume the role of Construction Project Engineer (CPE) or inspector, with the possibility of working independently or supervising other inspectors.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and project requirements, maintaining a focus on successful project completion within the designated timeline.
- Employees in this classification shall have a minimum of four (4) years experience in specialized building construction inspection in one or more of the following fields: mechanical (HVAC), electrical, plumbing, or roofing.
- Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a State high school equivalence certificate.
- It is preferred that employees in this classification have accreditations from a building trade, i.e., mechanical (HVAC), electrical, plumbing, roofing, or have completed an apprenticeship in one of the aforementioned trades.
- Employees with state licensure in any of the trades are considered to have met the education requirements.
- Employees with BS or higher degrees in architecture or architectural engineering are considered to have met the education requirements.
- High level of expertise in at least one of the aforementioned areas of vertical construction (mechanical (HVAC), electrical, plumbing, or roofing.), with basic knowledge of other areas.
- A high level of expertise in OSHA standards and regulations, mainly those involved with vertical construction, i.e., fall protection.
- Capable of understanding and enforcing contract documents and of working cooperatively with others.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Applicants shall be in good health and physically able to perform the duties required of the position. Applicants must be able to read, write, comprehend, and fluently speak the English language.
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license. Applicants must have the use of a vehicle to travel to, from, and while on the project site.
- Candidates must be willing to travel and be available for work in any geographical area within scope. Candidates are subject to a change of assignment as work requires. Candidates may also be required to work various shifts and on weekends depending on assignments.
- All individuals supplied by the Consultant must also complete the SHA CORE Training courses prior to beginning work. These courses are Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Awareness, Diversity Awareness, Limited English Proficiency (LEP), Sexual Harassment Prevention and Awareness, and Workplace and Domestic Violence Awareness.
ANGARAI - Project Management consulting firm based out of College Park, MD.
ANGARAI is a professional management consulting firm that is driven by excellence. We provide ample opportunities for growth in a challenging, yet closely-knit atmosphere. Our key focus is on providing holistic solutions that are a win-win for both the Client (State, Federal, or Private) and us.