Full Time 40 hours per week, full benefits, bonus potential and 401k!
The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for the daily operation of the ultrasound lab; performs diagnostic ultrasonic procedure requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative; assists in research/teaching projects and assists physicians with guidance during invasive procedures, as directed.
Service: Maximize utilization of Vascular Ultrasound services
- Preparing for diagnostic tests
- Set up ultrasound machine for diagnostic test
- Check for patient arrival in TouchWorks
- Order exam in Order Management if needed
- View patient chart for previous studies
- Completing Vascubase Preliminary reports
- Input appropriate charges ensuring medical necessity
- Ensure appropriate follow up is scheduled prior to patient leaving
- Fax patient information, orders and previous reports when necessary
- Ensure physician needs are met to increase resource utilization
- Query physicians about their needs
- Educate physicians concerning services provided if needed
- Ensure ICAVL protocols and standards are up to date for accreditation
Service: Ensure Customer Satisfaction
- Performing diagnostic tests
- Escort patient to Vascular Lab area
- Explain procedure
- Answer patient questions
- Have patient undress appropriately for test
- Correctly label and identify each patient’s studies in the PACS system
- Perform appropriate ultrasound procedure
- Perform patient appointment confirmation calls
- Perform a variety of complex specialized tasks utilizing ultrasonic high frequency sound waves to detect abnormalities and/follow studies
- Assess need for additional exams
- Notify ordering physician of positive exams with possible health threat before patient leaves the office
- Ensure documentation is obtained
- Provide superior service to ensure customer satisfaction to both patients and providers
People: Prepare and maintain exam room, supplies and equipment
- Clean and maintain equipment and service
- Maintain stock of supplies; order supplies when necessary
- Order linens and maintain exam rooms in a neat and orderly manner
- Ensure all imaging equipment is maintained and functioning properly and that software protocols are backed up routinely.
- Keep up-to-date on state regulations for safety and equipment, including an up-to-date state regulation policy manual.
- Maintain inventory control and ordering system for room supplies.
Quality: Appointment Efficiency and Volume
- Maximizing Volume and Appointment Efficiency through work-ins and communicating
- Availability in schedule.
Growth/Finance: Perform administrative duties as directed
- Answer phone and questions efficiently; take messages and follow through when patients are finished.
- Assist in training personnel.
- Maximize scheduling through Performance Improvement Planning monthly with manager.
- Keep daily record of all patient studies, including date, PSC number, exam, requesting physician.
- Timeliness for charge entry, imaging 24 hour turnaround time.
- Accuracy of charge entry, checking edits.
- Active certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Registered in an Accredited Vascular Program
- Current BLS certification
- Excellent telephone skills and etiquette
- Maintains confidentiality
- Knowledge of infection control, sterile technique and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting
- Use and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Service orientation
- Ability to use both arms and hands and maintain prolonged arm positions necessary for scanning
- Ability to move ultrasound machine and help patients out of wheelchairs and onto exam bed for diagnostic test
- Ability to be exposed to minimal radiation
- Ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours/day
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist
- Assist patients in turning
- Assist patient in arising from exam table
- Push wheelchair patients
- Ability to relate sensitively to patients needs
- Well organized
About Pinehurst Surgical
Pinehurst Surgical is a state-of-the-art facility located in Pinehurst, North Carolina with locations in Rockingham, Sanford, Raeford, Laurinburg, Troy and more!