Pinehurst Surgical Clinic
Clinical Department Manager
(RN, LPN or CST)
Full time 40 hours per week, full benefits, bonus potential and 401k!
Must have clinical certification (RN, LPN, CMA, CST, etc) and have a bachelor's degree to be qualified.
The Clinical Department Manager is responsible for workflow, performance and the management of clinic operations to achieve expert care, superb service, and maximum physician and staff productivity. This position works closely with the department chair and administration to achieve departmental goals in strategic planning, program development, continuous quality improvement, and financial budgeting, reporting, and monitoring.
- Develops and implements tactical work plans to support the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Analyzes patient flow problems and assists in instituting corrective actions.
- Functions as EMR super user.
- Oversees clinic flow to provide delivery of efficient compassionate care for our patients.
- Assures accreditation standards and regulatory requirements are met for OSHA, HIPAA, and AAAHC, as well as ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Interacts respectfully and collaboratively with patients and their families, striving to develop favorable relationships. Addresses minor patient care or service complaints to assure customer satisfaction.
- Assists in implementing workflows to meet meaningful use and other quality reporting requirements.
- Monitors operational processes throughout the department, identifying negative trends, patterns, patient quality care issues and implements appropriate correction, documentation, and follow-up monitoring.
- Collaborates with the providers to provide effective patient scheduling templates.
- Completes incident reports as needed and provide assistance in process improvements.
- Assists administration with monitoring patient satisfaction, identifies and implements policies to enhance satisfaction.
- Oversees the development and coordination of new office locations and their needs as required.
- Provides on-site supervision of staff, monitors work outcomes.
- Prepares work schedules ensuring proper distribution of assignments. Reassigns staff as necessary to provide adequate coverage and to minimize overtime.
- Provides direction and support for Clinical Leads in order to achieve the clinical goals and objectives.
- Time and attendance management; maintains accurate attendance records and coordinates PTO.
- Actively develops employees and sets clear expectations in order to build a high performing team.
- Interprets company policies for employees and monitors adherence.
- Oversees the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of staff.
- Coaches and counsels staff and implements disciplinary actions and performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Conducts timely performance evaluations and recommends merit increases and promotions.
- Orients new staff for successful performance of duties to enhance retention efforts; audits staff performance through personal observation and monitoring of reports.
- Handles minor employee and provider concerns and grievances.
Charge Capture and Collection:
- Assists with preparation of annual clinic budgets.
- Monitors expenses through optimal utilization of staff, supplies and equipment.
- Prepares purchase requests and follows up with purchasing department.
- Maintains accurate inventory while ordering supplies as needed with attention to effective cost control.
- Assures equipment is maintained in good condition.
- Supports computer and system management programs to effectively operate clinic with support from the Health Information System staff.
Communication and Education:
- Manages all aspects of the revenue cycle including insurance verification and authorization, charge capture and reconciliation, collections, internal controls, coding, and denial monitoring. Works proactively with patient access services to manage/reduce denials.
- Provides accurate and timely communications to patients, providers, co-workers, and subordinates.
- Monitors physician on-call schedules and alerts physicians of changes.
- Plans and facilitates departmental monthly staff meetings. Maintains minutes of meetings.
- Promotes ongoing education, skill set training of all staff and healthcare professionals.
- Supports cross training that promotes quality clinic operation even when short staffed.
- Maintains effective infection control and safety reference materials.
- Applies OSHA principles and maximizes infection control resources where necessary in the work environment.
- Supports administrative efforts regarding compliance plan such as staff education, audits, certifications and licensing, TB testing, etc.
- Maintains facility to provide safe, comfortable, effective environment of care.
- Oversees and controls stock drugs, vaccines and clinical inventory at all locations. Monitoring stock for expiration dates.
- Works with clinical lead to accurately monitor all clinical logs for accuracy and completion.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree in a related field.
- Clinical license or certification such as RN, LPN, Surgical Tech, etc.
- Minimum three years of practice management experience
- Basic knowledge of related fields; such as: human resources, quality processes, safety, infection control, regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures and have the ability to apply these to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Computer literacy in MS Office programs and practice management software.
- Ability to use technology to review statistics, collect data, and interpret significant findings, and create comprehensive reports.
- Experience with medical coding and billing preferred.
- Service oriented.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong physician and staff relations skills and ability to communication effectively both orally and in writing.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance rules including: coding, ICD10, reimbursement, third party payers, pre-certification.
- Experience managing difficult patient/customer situations.
- Demonstrated success and familiarity with tools, technology, and systems typically found within most health care environments (i.e. personal computer skills, spreadsheets, word processing, EMR systems, etc.).
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Tactful, mature. Diplomacy, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Ability to establish credibility.
- Resourceful and well organized. Independently works with others in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize.
Positions accountable to the Manager of Support Services:
- Clinical staff.
- Secretarial staff.
$50,000 plus bonuses
About Pinehurst Surgical Clinic
Pinehurst Surgical Clinic is a multi-specialty surgical clinic located in beautiful Pinehurst, NC! Voted Best Employer for Best of the Pines 2019!