Greetings all applicants!
At Wayfarer Vans, our day-to-day mission is to provide simple, quality camper vans. While our vision is to be a market leader in outdoor stewardship by guiding our community with fun, actionable activities that collectively create a positive impact on our wild spaces. Our Builders are artisans of adventure. They must be an adaptable life-long learner with mechanical aptitude and the ability to provide consistent results. Through craftsmanship, strong attention to detail, and efficiency, their efforts provide every Wayfarian with high-quality products in competitive timeliness and establish Wayfarer Van's legacy of industry innovation and purposeful connection.
Wayfarer Vans is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Wayfarer Vans also provides ample PTO, health insurance - covering 100% of each employee and 50% of spouses or significant others - profit sharing, flexible schedule and family leave time.
- Protecting “the one product” philosophy through a focus on quality and consistency to ensure every Wayfarian receives a superior product
- Acting as a safety champion each day, proactively evaluating environmental hazards and reporting safety concerns
- Successfully cross-training and learning to assemble each component consistently and to quality standards; successfully learning new processes and assembling new products as they evolve
- Assemble components to be installed in vans with a high degree of quality and attention to detail
- Inspect all pieces prior to building
- Assemble components according to the direction given by the lead builder/quality control manager
- Report to lead builder/quality control manager the completion of each component
- Fix any necessary items requested by the head builder
- Assist with inventory upkeep of small items
- Use power tools including but not limited to: electric saws, hammer drill, drills, reciprocating saws, band saw, jigsaw, miter boxes, pneumatic nail guns, and sanding machines
- Accurately measure, cut, and join wood
- Proficient in the use of hand tools including but not limited to: hammers, levels, tape measure, chisels, pliers, wrenches, pry bars, cat’s claw, block planes, hand sanders, utility knives, tin snips, and squares
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood furniture, using bolts, nails, or screws
- Evaluating trends in furniture and component flaws and construction, and reporting to Head Builder or Product Coordinator
- Inspect completed furniture items and components to ensure final build quality meets or exceeds standards
- Other duties as assigned
- We are also looking for someone with effective soft skills.
- Do you have any experience in the service industry?
- How comfortable are you talking to strangers and making connections?
- You will be installing a conversion often while the new van owner is watching, do you know how to conduct yourself professionally when something isn’t going quite right in front of the customer?
- You will also be engaging with our Wayfarians (Wayfarer Van owners) before, during, and after their installation.
- Part of that engagement requires you to be curious about the new van owners' intentions on how they’re going to use the van.
- The Wayfarer crew always tries to leave a lasting impression and make a connection to every new van owner that rolls out of our shop.
- We truly live and breathe our company mission: To build simple, quality camper vans that introduce and inspire connections to the outdoors and community.
Skills, Qualifications, and Competencies (not all are necessary - technical skills can be taught on the job)
- Shop manufacturing experience or carpentry related experience
- Knowledge and adherence of light/heavy machinery, forklifts, tools, MSDS instructions
- Knowledge and adherence to OSHA regulations and safe work practices
- Ability to maintain composure in fast-paced, high-pressure situations
- Experience in hospitality or service industries
- Spatial Competence
- Autonomy/Self Motivated
Other qualities we are seeking:
- Social empathy
$16 - $18 hourly
About Wayfarer Vans
We are a family of outdoor lovers who share our passion for recreation and travel through our work – converting camper vans to be handed over to enthusiastic new owners and released into the wild.
We are dedicated to building a community through authentic connections. This commitment not only applies to our Wayfarian van owner community but also to our internal work family.
We conduct ourselves daily by always stepping forward with the knowledge that our actions and duties are what provide people the ability to get outside, see the world, have adventures, and connect with themselves and their surroundings. We believe a passion for the outdoors and being good stewards of our wild spaces comes first, so that we can work with intention and purpose, transferring our knowledge, care, and love for the outdoors to every new van owner.