Are you an organized, detail-oriented, mortgage industry professional looking for an opportunity on a growing team? We’re expanding and looking for an experienced mortgage underwriter to join us. You’ll conduct a thorough analysis of all real estate loan applications to ensure correct completion based on current investor guidelines and industry standards. If your skills align with the role, let’s connect!
- Conduct a thorough search of clients’ financial and employment history to ensure accuracy of application and documents
- Review all mortgage applications and supporting documents to ensure all necessary information is included for approval
- Send requests as needed for any additional information that will help determine loan risk
- Document in detail reasons for approving or rejecting a loan for our loan officers and clients
- Ensure once all information is gathered that it is accurate, compliance standards are met, and it is in congruence with company policies
- Maintains pipeline within the Company's standards 24-hour turn-around time for upfront and final underwriting.
- Reviews files upfront for initial credit decision based on Company checklists and guidelines.
- Issues loan approvals or escalates files to the loan committee when necessary based on Company guidelines.
- Grades loan application quality based on criteria covered in training.
- Reviews files throughout the process if requested by the Processor. Communicates errors and missing information to the Processor via email.
- Emails information pertaining to the loan file through Encompass.
- Adjusts condition sheet in Encompass PC with applicable conditions.
- Reviews files for final approval once all items are gathered by the Processor.
- Issues final approval uploading all necessary approval documentation into the Company's software systems with appropriate signatures.
- Works with post-closing department on any stipulations for closed files.
- At least 2 years of mortgage underwriting experience or mortgage lending experience required
- Understanding of home loans and residential mortgages such as FHA, VA, conventional, and USDA, and loan products
- Proficient in Microsoft office and automated underwriting systems
- Strong decision-making and communication skills
- B.S. in business or related field required
- SAR and/or DE strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Mortgage Underwriter experience in a retail environment for mortgage lenders highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of credit and appraisal experience in mortgage lending field covering FHA, VA, and Conventional Loan Programs.
- Recent experience Underwriting FHA loans and supporting the Mortgage Lending activity at a purchase focused Mortgage lender.
- Basic understanding of mortgage banking software, Mortgage Underwriting, loans, purchase, and refinance transactions.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills.
$80,000 - $100,000
About CrossCountry Mortgage
CrossCountry Mortgage began solely as a mortgage broker in Cleveland, Ohio in 2003. Our President and CEO Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr. had the vision to become a nationwide full-service lender that could provide more to customers — match them up with the perfect mortgage to suit their needs, provide knowledge and support every step of the way, and make their homeownership dreams possible and affordable.
Through superior customer service and a full range of loan products and programs, we’ve been able to achieve that vision and build upon it by helping more people each year buy homes from coast to coast. We’re continuing to expand our nationwide footprint, and we’re not stopping any time soon.