We’re rapidly expanding and looking for an Underwriter for our customers' Conventional Mortgages. In this position, you’ll collect and enter accurate information for new, existing, and prospective clients that serve as the foundation for decisions made by your insurance underwriter counterparts. As you support their efforts, you will grow and hone your own communications, data entry, and reporting skills; advancing to future opportunities. Apply today to start your new insurance industry career!
Working with our Reali Loans Operations Team, you will be responsible for managing a pipeline of loans that need underwriting, ensuring they close in a timely manner.
You may coordinate with the borrower and outside vendors to ensure an excellent borrower experience while maintaining the highest quality standards.
This position is team-based, remote, full-time, Pacific Standard Time hours, and with a highly competitive salary, stock options, benefits, perks, and more!
- Underwrite conforming loans to the investor and regulatory guidelines: review and sign-off on the application, credit, income, assets, appraisal within the product, and borrower eligibility.
- Provide guidance to establish and enforce company credit policies and lending guidelines.
- Analyze loan files for accuracy and fraud; create conditions and clear them in a timely manner.
- Oversee correctness of data in proprietary Loan Origination Software and Investor portals.
- Support other areas of mortgage operations to fill gaps, specifically on processing, closing, and pipeline management.
- Continuously improve our policies, procedures, and documentation with data-driven analysis and improvements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to inform our product and engineering teams by making suggestions, answering questions, helping build requirement documentation, and lead learning sessions on various industry topics.
- Communicate business requirements and suggestions to our software engineering team to improve automation and workflow while helping realize improvement through implementation, quality assurance, and launch.
- Test new product features as they are developed in-house, capturing issues/feedback; working with the engineering team to resolve and release.
Requirements (Must Haves)
- 5+ years experience underwriting conventional agencies
- Proven track-record with manual underwrites
- Expert with DO/DU/LP automated underwriting systems; Data-driven, structured, analytical mindset
- Clear, confident, organized communicator
- Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and helping execute outside of your day-to-day responsibilities
- Excited by and filled with ideas to improve, build, and automate the underwriting process
Highly Desirable (Nice to Haves)
- Nice to have for the future: Government and Jumbo products
- Encompass (Big Plus)
$80,000 - $100,000 yearly
- Our Mission: "We're here to delight homeowners at every stage of their lives.”
- We are an award-winning high-tech, high-touch home services company, globally hiring 5+ people per week in 2021!
- Our Loans, Real Estate Agent, Listing, Buying, Escrow, Title and more, services: https://reali.com/real-estate-services/
- About Reali: https://reali.com/about