Our top-notch lending team is looking for a goal-driven Mortgage Underwriter to assist with making quality decisions on VA, FHA, and conventional loans for our clients.
Your main responsibilities will include identifying, examining, and balancing transactional, borrower, and property-related risks and offsets to arrive at a loan decision of approval, suspense, counteroffer, or denial. You will also use your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of the loan process to thoroughly inspect credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports to make sure that loans meet company standards, government regulations, and standards for sale to the secondary market.
In addition, you will be considered the subject matter expert of the company and with partners and management on all underwriting-related issues and provide any and all analytical support and counseling advice in their functional areas as needed.
To succeed in this position, you must have a strong understanding of the loan process with knowledge of the various types of mortgage documents and investor requirements. You should also be able to effectively prioritize your time on projects and produce an accurate, high-quality work product.
If you’re a self-driven, motivated professional looking to achieve a high-level of success in the mortgage industry, then this is the opportunity for you. Reach out to us today!
- Evaluate applications and relevant disclosures to assure compliances with all Federal, State, and investor requirements
- Look over all mortgage items and conditions that borrowers provide to make sure that all pertinent information is included to approve and meet the necessary guidelines utilizing internal and external (e.g. agency) policies and procedures (e.g. AUS like DU))
- Validate and clear conditions on all loans and assure that once all of the pertinent information is gathered, that it is accurate, classified properly, organized, compliant, and congruent with company policies
- Maintain knowledge of all the latest loan products and origination requirements and continually suggest improvement opportunities to management based on the current underwriting environment
- Analyze loan applications to identify any risk issues and/or potential misrepresentation
- 5 or more years or mortgage experience, including at least 2 years of underwriting experience
- DE and SAR licenses preferred with expert knowledge of conventional and/or government loan underwriting and selling guidelines (e.g., Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, etc.)
- Prior experience with AUS (GUS/DU/LP) Encompass software, and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS)
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to represent the company brand in a positive light
- Candidates with an NMLS license are preferred but applicants who are willing to be licensed within 90 days of hire will be considered
$60,000 - $95,000 yearly