About Reali Loans and Our Underwriter Role
Reali Loans, a Bay Area-based lender, has a unique opportunity for a dynamic individual to join one of the nation's most innovative and disruptive FinTech companies and help us change the future of home lending. This is a rare chance to work in our beautiful San Mateo offices to utilize your mortgage experience within a fast growing technology company. This position is ideal for someone who knows the old way of doings things in our industry is broken and wants to contribute to change.
Our team is energetic, fun, entrepreneurial and creative. We work really hard and we have a lot of fun, too! Working with our Operations Team, you will be responsible for managing a pipeline of loans which need underwriting to ensure they close in a timely manner. You may coordinate with the borrower and outside vendors to ensure an excellent borrower experience while maintaining the highest quality standards. This position is full time with a highly competitive salary, stock options, bonus, commuter benefits, and more!
- Manage the loan application process and ensure all interested parties are aware of the status of the load application
- Act as a liaison between all parties to guarantee on-time closings for your customers
- Knowledge of Mortgage loan products, procedures and processes
- Keep interested parties advised as to the status of the loan application
- Assist clients through the application process from start to finish while nurturing their needs and assessing all available options
- Underwrite conforming and jumbo loans to investor and regulatory guidelines: review and sign-off on application, credit, income, assets, and appraisal within product and borrower eligibility
- Provide guidance to establish and enforce company credit policies and lending guidelines
- Analyze loan files for accuracy and fraud, create conditions and clear them in a timely manner
- Oversee correctness of data in proprietary Loan Origination Software and Investor portals
- Support other areas of mortgage operations to fill gaps, specifically on processing, closing, and pipeline management
- Continuously improve our policies, procedures, and documentation with data-driven analysis and improvements
- Serve as a subject matter expert to inform our product and engineering teams by making suggestions, answering questions, helping build requirement documentation, and lead learning sessions on various industry topics
- Communicate business requirements and suggestions to our software engineering team to improve automation and workflow while helping realize improvement through implementation, quality assurance, and launch
- Test new product features as they are developed in-house, capturing issues/feedback; working with engineering team to resolve and release
- Has impeccable organizational, time management and follow-up skills
- Current NMLS license
- Self-starting ability and personal drive to consistently close 5 to 6 loans per month at plan by the end of the first 6 months with 7-10 per month at plan by year end
- Embody a professional attitude and appearance
- Build meaningful customer experiences and relationships that lead to long-term and repeat business
- 5+ years experience underwriting conventional agency, government and jumbo products
- Proven track-record with manual jumbo underwrites
- Expert with DO/DU/LP automated underwriting systems
- Data-driven, structured, analytical mindset
- Clear, confident, organized communicator
- Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and helping execute outside of your day-to-day responsibilities
- Excited by and filled with ideas to improve, build, and automate the underwriting process
- Strongly prefer a person who works from our San Mateo, CA offices, but we are open to strongly qualified underwriters with references confirming remote productivity
$65,000 - $100,000 yearly
Reali was founded with a mission to develop a seamless, transparent, and highly efficient residential real estate and homeownership experience by partnering technology with a customer-centric team and years of real estate experience.
Reali is a full-stack real estate platform on a mission to change the way people experience home buying and selling. We believe every aspect of the real estate transaction can be improved through technology and exceptional customer service.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Reali is a tightly-knit team of licensed real estate professionals and technologists. What gets each and every one of us out of bed? Making a huge difference with innovative technology, reinventing the entire business model and transaction process, and giving power and huge benefits back to buyers and sellers.