Reali Loans, a Bay Area-based lender that is part of Reali, Inc. has a unique opportunity for a dynamic individual to join one of the nation's most innovative and disruptive FinTech companies and help us change the future of home lending.
This is a rare chance to work in our beautiful San Mateo offices to utilize your mortgage experience within a fast-growing technology company. This position is ideal for someone who knows the old way of doing things in our industry is broken and wants to contribute to change.
Our team is energetic, fun, entrepreneurial and creative. We work really hard and we have a lot of fun, too! Working with our Operations Team, you will be responsible for managing a pipeline of loans that need underwriting to ensure they close in a timely manner.
You may coordinate with the borrower and outside vendors to ensure an excellent borrower experience while maintaining the highest quality standards. This position is full time with a highly competitive salary, stock options, bonus, commuter benefits, and more!
- Underwrite conforming and jumbo loans to investors and regulatory guidelines: review and sign-off on application, credit, income, assets, and appraisal within product and borrower eligibility
- Provide guidance to establish and enforce company credit policies and lending guidelines
- Analyze loan files for accuracy and fraud, create conditions and clear them in a timely manner
- Oversee correctness of data in proprietary Loan Origination Software and Investor portals
- Support other areas of mortgage operations to fill gaps, specifically on processing, closing, and pipeline management
- Continuously improve our policies, procedures, and documentation with data-driven analysis and improvements
- Serve as a subject matter expert to inform our product and engineering teams by making suggestions, answering questions, helping build requirement documentation, and lead learning sessions on various industry topics
- Communicate business requirements and suggestions to our software engineering team to improve automation and workflow while helping realize improvement through implementation, quality assurance, and launch
- Test new product features as they are developed in-house, capturing issues/feedback; working with the engineering team to resolve and release
- 5+ years experience underwriting conventional agency, government and jumbo products
- Proven track-record with manual jumbo underwrites
- Expert with DO/DU/LP automated underwriting systems
- Data-driven, structured, analytical mindset
- Clear, confident, organized communicator
- Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and helping execute outside of your day-to-day responsibilities
- Excited by and filled with ideas to improve, build, and automate the underwriting process
- Strongly prefer a person who works from our San Mateo, CA offices, but we are open to strongly qualified underwriters with references confirming remote productivity
Reali is made up of experts and proven technologists who collaborate to deliver transparent, stress-free real estate solutions for buyers, sellers and agents. Headquartered in San Mateo and founded in 2015, Reali supports the entire transaction process from beginning to end with full-service offerings including mortgage, real estate, escrow and more. By merging decades of industry expertise with proprietary technology, the Reali team has developed a suite of intelligent products including the PricePredictorTM tool, which takes the complexity and uncertainty out of buying a home. Reali has cemented a winning reputation with an A+ from the BBB and was voted one of 2019’s Best Places to Work.*