We are looking for a motivated and reliable individual to join our team as a Warehouse Worker. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing inventory, loading and unloading trucks, stocking shelves, and other related duties. He or she should be able to lift and carry heavy objects and operate forklifts and other machinery. In addition, the Warehouse Worker should possess strong organizational and communication skills to facilitate the smooth running of the facility.
We are seeking an energetic and reliable individual to join our team as a Warehouse Worker. The chosen candidate will be tasked with handling inventory, loading and unloading trucks, stocking shelves, and other assorted responsibilities. They must be able to lift and maneuver heavy items and operate a forklift and other machinery. The Warehouse Worker should also have excellent organizational and communication skills to keep the warehouse running efficiently.
The following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive and are subject to change. The position performs additional duties as requested to meet the priorities and ongoing needs of the organization.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance, or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead work
- Possesses a working knowledge of all aspects of underground distribution
- Can successfully lead and supervise crews
- Lead and train employees in safe work procedures, underground services, infrastructure, and duct banks
- Conducts pre-job planning and safe work based on job prints/work orders
- Maintains and safely operates company vehicles, equipment, and tools in good working order
- Troubleshoots problems on underground circuits
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor outside and in inclement weather
- Able to identify primary and secondary voltage on circuits
- Possesses knowledge of tools for terminating cable
- Understands grounding procedures
- Capable of working in confined spaces
- Capable of testing and classifying soil and understands sloping and shoring requirements
- Working knowledge of ladder requirements and line clearances
- Ability to properly inspect and select PPE
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Advanced ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, work orders, instructions, and procedures
- Understands equipment setup and grounding
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, use of the Internet, email, iPad, and industry related programsProficiency in critical thinking, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
- Maintain and safely operate company vehicles, equipment, and tools in good working order
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA standards and guidelines for energized and de-energized working conditions
- Exceptional ability to actively listen and communicate effectively (written, verbal, and nonverbal)
About Gregory Electric
Gregory Electric is a trusted partner for the design, installation, and service of energy and infrastructure. We are a diverse organization with expertise in all facets of commercial, industrial low and medium voltage construction, high voltage power, mechanical, HVAC, telecommunications, solar, water utilities, and water features. We bring customers not just capabilities, but 70+ years of profound experience and success. Gregory Electric takes pride in its reputation for safety, reliability, and an exceptional workforce. We are 350 employees strong with offices throughout the Carolinas.