Eager to work with cutting-edge business owners and innovative lawyers?
Enterprising business law firm seeks a Super Star Undergraduate File Clerk with a genuine interest in business law. If you are a team player willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done, no matter the task, we’ll invest in you—helping you learn, grow, and gain experience.
Student intern seeking experience
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be the Super Star we need:
- You are a good writer with a sickening degree of attention to detail;
- You are good with processes and following detailed instructions;
- You see an opportunity for structure where other people see disorganization;
- Your middle name is “No Drama”;
- You are capable of taking the lead, chasing down your supervisors (who are busy and not always in the office) to ask the questions you need to be answered, and take ownership for getting the job done;
- People who know you would describe you a “Reliable” and “Trustworthy”;
- You are an excellent juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly; and,
- You do not think menial tasks are “beneath you”.
- Develop and maintain databases of files and records;
- Follow policies and confidentiality dictations to safeguard data and information;
- Label and update all documents and files;
- Check incoming correspondence and documents and make copies before distributing;
- Research and analyze issues as necessary to support attorneys, clients, etc.;
- Assist with new client intake process; and,
- Organize and maintain files to ensure information is up to date and deadlines are correctly docketed.
The following will be necessary or useful to satisfy the responsibilities of the position:
- Eager to learn about the practice of law, interested in entrepreneurship and business law, willing to exchange time for mentorship and real training, so you can adjust your resume to include recommendations and experience;
- Interest in working in a solo/small firm law firm, small business, or other entrepreneurial settings, finance or business degree;
- Comfortable navigating digital technology and new software with little supervision (candidate MUST have a computer that runs well and is able to integrate with all software used by the CORPlaw team);
- Strong organizational skills and research ability;
- Detail-oriented, prompt, professional, and available to timely complete projects;
- Great time management, prioritization, and multitasking abilities;
- Clear and professional communication via phone and email;
- Experience utilizing internal database systems and cloud-based software, for instance, shared drives such as Box.com;
- Experience with Outlook Calendar, iCal, MailChimp, ClioGrow, ClioManage, Zoom Conference, Adobe, Calendly, Otter.ai, Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) preferred; and,
- English fluency (Spanish fluency a plus, but not required)
This position is a one-semester internship, where the undergraduate will work no more than 20-hours a week.
Preference is given to undergraduate students available to intern from our Miami office at least once per week, with a passion for business, entrepreneurship, and law.
If you do a great job during your first semester, we'll invite you to join us in a paid position.
Who we are. CORPlaw's motto: We take legal work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Our brilliant team of ex BigLaw attorneys has no interest in recreating the toxic work environment commonplace at many elite firms. We were rebellious enough to pose a challenge to the establishment: Producing exceptional work product and service to clients while remaining kind and well-rounded don't have to be mutually exclusive options. While fostering a better legal office culture is our priority, so too is producing exceptionally high-quality legal services to our clients.
www.corplaw.us | 1 (833) 545-7526 | Info@corplaw.us