ENGAGE Tutoring is looking for people who have a genuine passion for education, and understand how to connect with young people in an authentic way. We specialize in the AP History and English courses, so we are looking for people with knowledge in those subjects, but also tutors of other stripes. We are also especially seeking people with skills in executive functioning training. This team member will be assigned to families on an as-needed basis, and the quality and quantity of their those assignments will be based on experience. This person, through correspondence with me and the family, will accommodate the individual needs of the student, whether that be improving the students executive functioning skills, preparing for a particular exam, or developing a plan to apply to university.
- Provide satisfactory tutoring services according to the needs of the individual client, and ensure that those individual benchmarks are met and conveyed to the parents and myself
- Engage the student with the material in a way that deepens their understanding beyond the capacity of a classroom
- Provide executive functioning training for students: implementing organizational skills, scheduling skills, and study skills
- If teaching for a particular AP exam, take the necessary training provided to ensure success in that subject
- Respond to the request for tutoring within 48 hours of the initial request
- Correspond with the tutors and myself through our online tutoring CRM, TutorBird, to ensure thorough and efficient communication
- Communicate thoroughly and effectively with parents about the progress of each student
- Bachelors Degree
- Flexible Schedule
- Some experience working with High-School Age students
$25 - $75 hourly
About ENGAGE Tutoring
ENGAGE Tutoring is a small team of specialty tutors providing comprehensive, hands-on guidance for students looking to master AP subjects, boost their academic confidence, and prepare for college. Our tutors help students:
- Get the best score possible on their AP exams.
- Sink their teeth into a subject through supplemental materials like podcasts, documentaries, current events, etc.
- Relate to a subject through their unique interests and background.
- Catch up in a course where they are falling behind.
- Hone executive functioning skills to succeed academically on their own.
- Identify the obstacles on their path toward success and implement strategies to remove them.
- Become able to talk confidently about what they know.
Our sliding scale Social Enterprise model reduces educational inequity and enables us to provide affordable tutoring to all income brackets, and free tutoring to 1 in 10 families.