Our growing firm is searching for an experienced Paralegal to handle estate planning, trust administration, probates, and other probate court petitions.
Our ideal candidate has at least 2 years of experience in estate planning, trust administration, and probate matters. You enjoy communicating with clients and have a compassionate demeanor. You are self-motivated and take charge of matters assigned to you. You are detail-oriented, have prior experience with managing cases from opening to resolution, and have excellent organization and project management skills.
This is a full-time, in-office position, with the opportunity for some hybrid work and a flexible schedule.
We value our team and provide the following competitive benefits package:
- Health insurance (50% contribution)
- Group Life
- Vacation / PTO
- FSA account
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Closed between Christmas and New Year’s (paid)
- Convenient location in Westlake Village
- Draft estate planning documents, including trusts, wills, powers of attorney, advance healthcare directives, guardian nominations, transfer documents, and deeds
- Assist with Trust Administration and Probate matters from opening to resolution
- Draft petitions, Judicial Council forms, and other probate court pleadings
- Prepare and serve government/agency notices
- Communicate with clients, beneficiaries, and court clerks/officers
- Draft other legal documents and correspondence
- Minimum 2 years of trusts and estates law firm experience
- Strong client communication skills
- Team player with independent resourcefulness and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong grammar, communication, and organizational skills
- Computer competency and knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and AdobeSign
- Experience with WealthCounsel is a plus but not required
- Experience with Lawmatics a plus but not required
- Notary required, if you are not a notary, we will help you become one
$60,000 - $90,000 yearly
About Acorn Law
At Acorn Law, we believe it’s not about the law, it’s about people, and our approach reflects that. We are a small, boutique firm that specializes in estate planning, probate, and elder law. We aim to create lasting relationships with our clients and to become trusted advisors they can count on.