Law Offices of Tyler Q. Dahl
Are you looking to be a part of a fast-paced, supportive legal team? We’re hiring a paralegal to assist our attorneys in drafting legal documents, managing cases, and interacting with clients as needed. Applicants should be experienced, highly-organized professionals with great attention to detail. If this sounds like a job you’ll love, apply below!
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION, AND CANDIDATES MUST HAVE PRIOR LEGAL EXPERIENCE!
The main job duties will include:
- Answer incoming calls and emails on questions from clients regarding cases, as well as communicate with clients regarding the information needed for cases as the first line of contact
- Manage a heavy caseload of Estate Planning, Trust Administration, and Probate cases to ensure all legal work is being completed in a timely manner, including preparing and mailing notices and arranging for newspaper publications
- Review court notes and preparing responses/legal documentation to ensure petitions are approved at hearings
- Draft Petitions, Declarations, Inventories & Appraisal, notices, and other court documents for probate and trust administration court cases
- Draft and prepare documents relating to trust administration cases, such as Settlement Agreements, notices to government entities, and Certifications of Trust
- Draft and prepare estate planning documents, including Trusts, Wills, Powers of Attorney, Deed, and all appropriate ancillary property tax forms
- Arrange for filing of court and other documents, such as Deeds and real estate property tax forms
- Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Must have an extremely high degree of attention to detail
- Spanish fluency/proficiency is a plus (but not required)
- 5+ years of experience working under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm. preferably managing California probate cases
$60,000 - $80,000 DOE
About Law Offices of Tyler Q. Dahl
Why join us?
Our core values are based on collaboration, relationships, respect, effective communication, and always providing the highest quality of work and advice to our clients. We strive to promote a work environment where people are welcomed and come into work knowing that they are supported.
To achieve a collaborative environment, we regularly host team building activities in and outside the office, and regular full-day training regarding internal communications to promote transparency regarding company expectations and to also encourage ongoing dialogue.
Benefits we offer:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) company matching
- Paid holidays
- Casual Friday dress code