Law Offices of John Mangan, P.A.
Fast-Growing Law Firm Seeks Trusts - Estates Paralegal
We are an entrepreneurial estate planning, probate and trust administration law firm , and we need a paralegal who can hit the ground running to support our continued growth. At the owner's discretion, the duties of this position may be performed virtually.
Do you want to contribute to something bigger than yourself by helping families navigate their way through the process of protecting inheritances, spouses, children, and loved ones? Do you want to help deliver exceptional legal services and help clients make sense of their circumstances? Keep reading if you relate to these statements:
- You smile when you answer the phone.
- You are very good at what you do but are constantly striving to become even better.
- You can deal with a busy boss who might not give much direction, might get distracted by new & exciting things, and hates dealing with admin stuff or routine drafting matters.
- You are not afraid to point out that you need more training or communication to get your work done.
- You get annoyed when people on social media don’t know how to use they’re, their, and there.
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet.
- You understand the difference between being great and having to tell others you’re great.
- You have a sickening degree of attention to detail.
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly.
- You want people to be better off because they worked with you.
- You have set - or want to set - personal and professional goals.
- You genuinely care about people and realize that’s why we do what we do and that they are not an inconvenience.
- You believe that being prepared is being empowered.
- You love being part of a work environment that feels like family, where it is OK to laugh and have fun.
Benefits include the opportunity to participate in a 401k plan, 10 paid holidays per year, and PTO.
This is a smoke-free work environment, and smoking is not permitted on the premises.
Ready to apply? Follow the instructions listed below.
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with people going through the estate planning process and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph tell why you applied to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Also, include a copy of your resume.
- Organize records so that everyone in the firm can locate documents quickly when needed
- Schedule appointments and events
- Draft correspondence, probate pleadings, and estate plans
- Meet with clients to obtain signatures, as necessary
- File court documents, and calculate, track, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Track time to specific matters
- The ideal candidate will have drafted at least 50 estate plans that required trusts and had primary paralegal responsibility for at least 25 formal administration probate cases
- Experience with Wealth Docx and Westlaw/ProDocs drafting software is preferred though not required
- Paralegal experience in the area of real estate transactions is helpful, though not required
- Thoughtful and detail-oriented person, extremely organized and with a high degree of personal pride for a job well done
- This is a full-time job, so you MUST be able to work 35-40 hours per week, with flexibility and freedom earned by your figuring out how to get things done. You need to run to the doctor, take care of some personal business or even go out of town for a family emergency on short notice? No problem, so long as you take responsibility for things getting done
$50,000 - $70,000 yearly
About Law Offices of John Mangan, P.A.
We are on a mission and feel passionate about helping clients to preserve and protect their legacy. We do this by providing estate planning and probate/trust administration services professionally and efficiently with a focus on wills, trusts, asset protection, guardianship, and probate administration. We strive to build long-term relationships with all of our clients instead of focusing on transactions.
At this law firm, we like to work hard, get the job done and then enjoy having a life outside of the office as our reward. Not the other way around. Seeking a long-term relationship with the right candidate.