Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
Gardner Trucking in Pittsville, WI is seeking a full-time truck and trailer mechanic responsible for maintaining, diagnosing, repairing, adjusting, or overhauling company trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc. offers a full benefits package including
- An incentive plan that pays quarterly
- Health, HRA, HSA Account
- Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accident
- Matching 401k, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability
- Company-paid Life and AD and D insurance
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, welding, diesel, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic
- Troubleshooting and repair of equipment
- Completes the required paperwork and/or logs in a timely manner (work orders)
- Ensures that all Company trucks are in a safe and operable condition
- Repairs company trucks (and other company equipment) in a timely fashion to ensure on-time delivery of customer freight
- Promotes shop safety and always follows Company safety policies and procedures
- Perform preventive maintenance on Company trucks (fluid changes, cleaning, lubrication, and other routine maintenance work)
- Diagnoses faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized testing
- Equipment and calibration devices
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges
- Replaces damaged or worn parts
- Reads and understands operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings
- Tests mechanical products and equipment on the truck after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance
- with manufacturer’s specifications and FMCSR and D.O.T.
- Assembles gear systems and aligns frames and gears
- Repairs brake systems, HVAC systems and electrical systems
- Welds/solders broken parts and structural members using electric or gas welders and soldering tools
- Adjusts maintains, and repairs/replaces subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes
- Cleans and maintains the shop
- Demonstrates positive employee relations when interacting with employees and vendors.
- Assists drivers with breakdown questions or concerns in a professional and courteous manner.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Three (3) or more year’s diesel technician experience is required
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of truck repair (engines, brakes, A/C, trailers) and familiar with FMCSR and D.O.T. regulations
- A/C Certification, air brake certification, and diesel certification preferred
- ASE mechanic certification preferred
- Must have own tools
- CDL (Commercial Driver’s License Class A) preferred
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand the English language
$15 - $25 hourly
About Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
We are one of the largest independent growers in the country with our own receiving station, cold storage freezers, juice concentrating facility, sweetened dried facility, our distribution warehouses, and Gardner Trucking. We deliver superior quality fruit and superior customer service to our customers.
Visit our website: www.badgerstatefruit.com
Or Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/GardnerCranberry/about