The Full Truckload (FTL) Load Planner (LP) is the primary customer contact for all FTL, expedited and intermodal customers.
The LP manages the client relationship by supporting the customers’ daily shipping activities. The LP accomplishes this job function by advising the customer on their transportation needs, soliciting carriers, negotiating rates and ensuring carriers are timely for pickup and delivery.
- Provide rate quotes for full truckload and intermodal shipments
- Coordinate shipments and verify suitability and capacity: special shipping requirements, weight, size, product readiness, appointments, teams etc.
- Leverage carrier relationships to influence capacity awards during tight markets
- Ability to research, identify and capitalize on profitable opportunities that are presented daily
- Develop carrier network consistently and utilize tools to capture carrier data, trucks, backhaul opportunities, service areas, drivers, FMCSA rating, etc.
- Audit load information to ensure all the shipment details are correct
- Address client inquiries in a timely fashion
- Prepare and process all required shipping documentation
- Track and trace shipments to ensure on-time delivery
- Verify carrier and broker safety using resources such as Carrier 411 and DAT
- Troubleshoot shipment failures and find alternate solutions, engage client and provide timely updates
- Complete internal and client projects as required
- Other administrative duties as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with rating and pricing schemes for TL mileage-based tariffs and accessorial charges
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration
- Strong ability to prioritize work streams effectively under deadline, with timely execution and resolution of action items
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum 2 years in Logistics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications
You may understand what I mean when I say there's nothing more rewarding, more exhilarating or more motivating than being on a winning team. A team that knows how to do things right, how to make things better and how to keep winning over and over again.
There's never been a better time to be a part of our fast-growing logistics management firm. And it is thanks to our team of successful employees who possess intellectual curiosity, high energy, a competitive spirit and a clear focus on providing excellent customer service.
Employees look at their assignments as missions, not jobs, and are constantly raising the bar for an even higher standard of measuring their success.
IL2000 is a fun place to work as well – because we celebrate our achievements and acknowledge individuals who make exceptional contributions to our goals of constantly improving, resolving problems and truly caring about clients. Not just anyone can be part of our outstanding team.
- Kraig Cesar, President and CEO