Baird & Warner
About Baird & Warner Real Estate
Over the last decade, Baird & Warner was named a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace eight times in a row. But we didn’t get there by accident — behind every great company is a culture created by the professionals who work there. Throughout our rich history, one thing has remained true: we believe that when you give people the support they need, amazing things can happen. That’s why at Baird & Warner we empower you to be independent, to grow in your career, to do the right thing by your colleagues and your community, and to have a true work/life balance. We truly care about making our team feel part of something bigger by sharing a single purpose — making it easier for homebuyers and sellers to realize their real estate dreams.
We are looking for a Transaction Coordinator to join our team. This role will provide a high level of accuracy (must be somewhat of a perfectionist) extremely detail-oriented and organized. Great customer service is a must as you will be working with Realtors and their clients during one of the most stressful times in their lives.
- On behalf of the real estate agent of record, fulfill all action steps & activities to drive transactions from executed contract through closing.
- Serve as a liaison between the real estate agent(s) and all contract associated parties including, but not limited to: clients, home inspectors, mortgage broker/company, appraisers, attorneys, B&W office staff, closing departments, etc.
Selected examples of activities include:
- Ensure all contracts, disclosures, and checklists are complete and accurately enter all information into various software platforms.
- Coordinate inspections, appraisals, and appointments between service providers and clients.
- Ensure all activities are completed and deadlines are met.
- Proactively communicate with the Contract Care Team to ensure accuracy & timeliness for each transaction.
- Assist other team members in completing various assigned tasks to offset the workload
- Coordinate with local office administrators.
- Work to resolve and/or clearly and rapidly escalate any client issues to the real estate agent and to the department head.
- This is a full-time position sitting in front of your computer.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in residential sales transaction management or as a real estate paralegal.
- Prior experience with Baird and Warner is preferred but not required.
- The ability to be highly organized with multiple transactions in progress at once.
- Excellent documentation skills- details and accuracy!
- Prior experience with and strong understanding of Google suite including Gmail, Google docs, Google Sheets, etc.
- Prior experience with Paperless Pipeline, Realvolve, or DotLoop is preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to rapidly learn new businesses and products.
- Strong empathy for agents and their clients.
- Coachable and open to learning.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Detail-oriented and desire for excellence.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and phone skills.
$40,000 - $45,000 yearly
About Baird & Warner
For more than 167 years, Baird & Warner has been the dominant force in Chicagoland real estate, building a record of success and longevity unparalleled in the industry. Five generations of family ownership doing what's right, taking a stand, and making a difference for people in real estate.
We are also the market’s most progressive company, with a long-standing heartfelt commitment to the principles of fair housing and diversity, driven by five generations of independent local family ownership.
Our sensitivity to the marketplace comes from a single yet powerful perspective: Chicago is more than just a market, it’s home.