Sable Systems International
To produce complex assigned tasks / builds by assembling components and subassemblies. Assist with the training of other technicians. Work with development and QC.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Ability to have multiple assignments going at the same time.
- Positions parts and subassemblies in a neat orderly manner for each assignment.
- Builds product to current documentation. Noting any modifications needed and consults with engineering and supervisor to make the changes.
- Assembles assignments by installing pneumatic, mechanical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Verifies finalized product to specs and functionality prior to turning over to QC.
- Trouble shoots, reworks, and calibrates assemblies to meet operational tolerances.
- Assists in the training of new technicians or anyone on new products.
- Resolves assembly problems by verifying potential issue with engineering and notifying the supervisor of any changes needed to the BOM or build guide.
- Keeps all tools and other equipment in proper working condition notifies supervisor of any damaged tools or equipment.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Helps maintain inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level when pulling parts for a build. if a part appears to be low, anticipating needed supplies; placing orders for supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results. Avoids waste to time and materials.
- Assist with the development and testing of new products.
- Assists with monitoring inventory.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing assignments and other tasks assigned as needed.
- Two Year degree or 4-6 years electromechanical assembly experience required.
- Able to communicate written and verbal.
- Must be able to follow directions written and verbal Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- Specific technical or vocational training or certification may be required
- Reads blueprints, schematics, and technical orders to determine methods and sequence of assembly operations.
- Assembles, tests, and troubleshoots precision electromechanical parts, assemblies, and equipment, according to blueprints, diagrams, and specifications.
- Ability to repair, rework, and calibrate assemblies to meet operational specifications and tolerances.
- Advanced soldering.
- Able to perform tests with a multimeter and all other test equipment
- Able to use basic hand and power tools safely
- May require travel.
Physical demands and abilities:
- Regularly lift 30-50 pounds
- Regularly perform repetitive tasks
- Regularly possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
$20.00 - $28.00 hourly
About Sable Systems International
Trusted as the world leader in metabolic measurement, Sable Systems International has a 30+ year reputation for innovation, expertise, and scientific insight. We design and manufacture multi-platform high-resolution scientific instrumentation for the Life Sciences. Our applications range from Fly to Mouse to Human – and beyond.
Our best-selling products include multi-channel metabolic measurement systems for experimental animals such as mice and rats, with simultaneous measurement of other parameters such as food and water intake, body mass, position, activity, and environmental monitoring. Whether providing solutions for the measurement of a living process or an industrial one, model animals, or human personalized healthcare research, our unrelenting focus on quality and support is key to our success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.