Sable Systems International
The Support Technical writer assists the Customer Support Team with all documentation-related tasks. This includes mainly user documentation and manuals. In addition, the Technical Writer becomes a valuable resource for feedback on the user interface design of existing and novel products.
- Compensation dependent upon experience
- No phone calls, please
- Sable has a generous benefits package with Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k. and Long-term Disability with employer match, and many other perks
- Create and maintain user manuals for new and existing products
- Create and maintain technical manuals for distributors and Support engineers
- Create and maintain other customer-facing documentation (e.g., Quick Start Guides, Standard Operating Procedures)
- Provide input into the development process regarding UI/UX aspects (in collaboration with the Product Manager)
- Pro-active collaboration with the Development team and Product Manager on new product developments
- Interface with the Marketing department on product line-specific branding
- Assist with script and storyboard creation for educational video production
- Assist with report creation from Research department projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering-related field or equivalent level of experience
- Can explain complex technical and scientific concepts in an easy and accessible manner
- Excellent English language skills, additional languages a plus (e.g., Mandarin, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Detail-oriented, consistent writing style and terminology; enjoys writing
- Experience in Visual/Print Design or Graphical Illustration is a plus
- Effective working knowledge of editing software (MS Word, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator etc.)
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills are required
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse customer base and co-workers is a must
- Good time management and organizational skills are essential
- Experience with document control and document management a plus
About Sable Systems International
Trusted as the world leader in metabolic measurement, Sable Systems International has a 30+ year reputation for innovation, expertise, and scientific insight. We design and manufacture multi-platform high-resolution scientific instrumentation for the Life Sciences. Our applications range from Fly to Mouse to Human – and beyond.
Our best-selling products include multi-channel metabolic measurement systems for experimental animals such as mice and rats, with simultaneous measurement of other parameters such as food and water intake, body mass, position, activity, and environmental monitoring. Whether providing solutions for the measurement of a living process or an industrial one, model animals, or human personalized healthcare research, our unrelenting focus on quality and support is key to our success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.