Event Special Effects Inc.
Custom event fabrication shop is seeking a Technical Director/Foreman to collaborate with current teammates and clients to execute all necessary project needs including technical designs of scenic elements, special effects, and events. We do many different fabrication projects for private events, theme parks, custom cars, and touring attractions. We never build the same thing twice.
Aside from a great work environment, we offer competitive benefits:
- Flexible Hours
- Healthcare Insurance
- Paid Sick Days
- Fully stocked pantry, fridge, and bottomless coffee
We absolutely intend for all of our staff to be with us long term with very little turnover.
- Generate estimates for projects based on client’s requirements/needs and shop costs/inventory
- Technical design of scenic elements, special effects, and events
- Collaborate with clients and crew to define project specifications
- Source props, materials, and specialty supplies for projects
- Coordinate with Office Administrator to maintain stocked inventory and track budget including project materials, purchase orders, job costing, contracts, and invoices
- Develop and monitor logistics for technical designs and project scope
- Proficiency in reading and translating technical designs, and building CAD design files
- Establish and coordinate project timelines with Management, clients, and crew
A successful candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to spearhead multiple projects independently
- Experience drafting and managing small- to large-scale project budgets
- Custom fabrication, special effects, and/or trade show industry experience directly managing clients and fabrication crew
- Set Fabrication or design experience with wood and metal, and familiarity with a variety of construction materials are mandatory
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to accurately estimate costs based on current materials and construction pricing
- Technical knowledge of CAD design files
- Team player
About Event Special Effects Inc.
We are a small company of 12 employees that started from scratch to fill a need in the entertainment industry. We are a brand that creates partnerships as its base foundation. We produce some of the world's largest holiday shows, theme park activations, grand openings, and marketing tours. Between our print shop, fabricators, special effects, and onsite teams, every day is a unique one. We like to say the best and worst thing about what we do is we never do the same thing twice. It's always new and different. So if you are tired of the same old same old. We're your spot! There is also tons of room for expansion if you want to help with events, sales, or management.