Family Forum, Inc.
We are seeking a 3K Teacher to assist in recruiting and enrolling families.
Important duties of this role include promoting the school readiness of children by enhancing their cognitive, social, and emotional development in a learning environment that supports the domains of learning and through the provision of health, education, nutrition, social and other services to children and their families.
This position will also implement the policies and procedures of Family Forum, Inc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Actively supervises all children ensuring all are within sight and sound of the employee and complies with all active supervision strategies.
- Facilitates classroom team meetings for at least one time per week for a minimum of 30 minutes; This is to include the communication of events within the classroom along with strategies on emotional support, instructional support, and classroom organization.
- Plan, prepare, and implement activities, lessons, and projects that support the curriculum of Family Forum, Inc. and address the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework.
- Engages in activity with the children, including constantly bending/squatting/sitting at the level of the child.
- Conducts 4 parent conferences per school year, 2 of which must be in the home, obtaining family input on each child's development and behavior, plan together and provide opportunities for ongoing observations of their child.
- Implements practices that support social-emotional executive functions and self-regulation.
- Supports and implements all agency policies and procedures as well as all standard operating procedures as required.
- Conducts a strength-based family assessment with each family upon enrollment (as part of the first home visit) and at the end of the program year. Initiates with parents an opportunity to develop and implement individualized Family Partnership Agreements.
- Assists families with accessing resources within their community through our referral process and follow-up with families on the outcome of the referral.
- To maintain a high level of teacher-child interaction in the domains of emotional support, classroom organization, and instructional support as defined by the CLASS Observations.
- Initiates activities that promote parent involvement in the program.
- Maintains all record-keeping forms and reports information according to agency plans and procedures, including COPA.
- Administers and records growth assessments, vision, and hearing screenings.
- Works with agency staff and consultants concerning the needs of the children and provides support to the parents. This includes participating in IEP meetings.
- Conduct the approved behavioral screening on assigned children within 45 days.
- Work with families and health providers to obtain medical and dental exams and follow up services.
- Makes referrals both inside and outside the program.
- Structure classrooms and lesson plan to encourage parents to engage in their child’s education.
- Participates in training, staff meetings, conferences, and similar activities that promote the development of the program.
- Partner with parents and provide them with information about the importance of their child’s regular attendance.
- Promote shared responsibility with parents for child’s early learning and development.
- Participates in annual program reviews.
- Maintain a well-organized physical classroom environment by using tools such as the ECKERS tool.
- Program plans are program policies and are an addition to the employees' job description. Violations of approved program plans are subject to disciplinary actions.
- Other duties maybe assigned.
- In an emergency, the staff is expected to stay at their job and not abandon their duties and responsibilities. Staff may be asked to perform other duties for the health and safety of children.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education $14.22 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education $16.22 per hour
- Full Benefit Package
- 40 hr
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.